Deep Treatment (DT) I did plenty of research on different vitamins, oils, foods, etc. and how they effect the hair. So I wanted to start with something simple, most of which I already had in the kitchen. Give my mixture a shot and see if it works for you. My hair has never felt softer!
1. Prep your DT mixture. These are approximate measurements because I just poured everything on my head.
1 cup Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner(Whole Foods Nugget Market)
2/3 cup Hemp Oil (Whole Foods Nugget Market)
2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (Walmart)
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Vitamin E (Whole Foods Nugget Market)
2. Wash your hair in the shower. Washing your hair in the shower as opposed to washing in the sink allows your hair to flow down your back, instead of a tangly mess on the top of your head. I used Organix Shea Butter Shampoo. (Target)
3. Condition with 'cheapie conditioner'. I used the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration for this. While the conditioner is in your hair, use your shower comb to comb out any tangles. (Remember to start from the ends of your hair and work your way up to the scalp!) The conditioner will act as a "slicker", to give your hair some slip so the comb will glide right through your hair. Rinse out the conditioner, don't worry about getting it all out because the Deep Treatment is next!
4. While in shower go ahead and start your DT. Gently wring out excess water from your hair then apply your DT mixture, gently massage it in your hair. The warm steam from the shower will help the products to absorb into your hair, and it smells great too! Finish your "shower business". Remember to get that booty! lol
5. Put on a plastic cap. Then wrap a towel around it to trap in the heat from your head. Leave it on for an hour.
6. Rinse hair in the shower. I know I know, AGAIN...yes! you have to get back in to rinse out the DT, while your hair is falling naturally, remember! You've already conditioned and combed it out, so why flip it back over your head and have to comb through it again, creating mo' damage?! Anyways, when your done, get out and gently towel dry your hair.
7. Apply some conditioner. I used the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, EVOO and a lil Vitamin E. Just massage it all through your hair, especially the ends.
8. Air Dry Hair. Heat damages hair right? So with that being said don't use your hair dryer, if your must, rub your hair, especially the ends with EVOO and vit. E then blow dry on the lowest heat level and don't hold it too close to your head.
That's it folks! Your hair will hopefully feel as soft and manageable as mine. Let me know how your results were! Pretty simple stuff, when your hair is dry you can add more of the leave in conditioner mixture (from step #7). to keep your hair super soft.